Deadline: Sunday, May 29th at 11:00pm
Interested in being an Officer for ETCH in 2016-2017?? The officer application for next year is now open! We highly encourage anyone looking to get more involved with ETCH to apply.
The application can be found here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/pjulie3/304671
Description of Positions:
1. Program Coordinator
- Schedule bi monthly Officer Meetings and make Minutes/Keep Notes for all meetings
- Help run/plan/present monthly volunteer meetings/activities
- Monitor volunteer schedule carefully, troubleshoot any problems. Make sure all sessions are filled and emailing volunteers when spots need to be filled.
- Manage the etchseattle email account
- Attend SHIFA board meetings every month, update them on ETCH activities
- Submit bi-annual reports on ETCH progress to UWSOM student group directors and to SHIFA
- Help the volunteer coordinator with recruitment/orientation
- Help with all around ETCH tasks (re-stocking, PR, budgeting, etc.)
2. Volunteer Coordinator
- Recruit new volunteers to join our team
- Review applications and conduct interviews with applicants and select new volunteers
- Supervise and support new volunteers to ensure they have a smooth transition into ETCH
- Track long-term activity of volunteers and send email reminders for things such as URS agreement form, Ropes training, and sporadic volunteering
- Frequent monitoring of your email account that volunteers are directed towards to send reimbursement requests.
- Collection, keeping, and relaying of receipts from volunteers to the SHIFA treasurer (usually done via email).
- Keeping a record of all expenditures and accounts with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive. This includes any and all purchases that are made for ETCH purposes (e.g. food for meetings, promotional materials, etc.).
4. Resources Coordinator
As resource coordinator, your main responsibilities and tasks involve, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining repository of community resources referral sheets in the Google Drive, repository of pamphlets, connect monthly with SHIFA faculty medical advisor to approve education materials (aiming to approve one to two existing templates a month in the Google Drive)
- Creating assess effectiveness and usage of resource referral sheets and other handouts at sessions, think of specific projects to do to improve quality and utilization of resources and recruit ETCH volunteers to help
- Weekly tasks
1. Work closely with SHIFA contacts like education coordinator and Referrals Coordinator
2. Ensure that there are enough handouts in the resource binders at each site (URS, Peter's Place, Youth Clinic), print more and refill when necessary (always keep at least 20 copies of each handout in each binder)
3. Read reflection forms for comments on handouts stock and quality of education materials
5. Advocacy & Outreach Chair
- Create newsletter to provide ETCH members with relevant updates about sites, club logistics, and link to social justice articles.
- Update the Facebook page with links to social justice articles and relevant events around campus.
- Book rooms for meetings.
- Maintaining the ETCH website
- Future projects could include organizing movie screenings and other community events
6. Supplies Coordinator
- Regularly monitor supply levels at sites (usually have to restock about once a quarter)
- Find good deals for high-demand items
- Check-in with members at volunteer meetings to see if there are any item requests from participants
- Establish consistent donors
- Remember to submit a reimbursement for items that you buy!
Organization and communication is vital for all officer positions! We are looking forward to reviewing your applications, and thank you again for all of your hard work.